Advanced 3D Surface Modeling
TurboCAD Mac Pro takes your designs further. Primitives, complex and advanced surface tools, as well as surface modifiers and transformation tools are included for surface modeling
A partial list of the Surface tools:
- New Cut Section tool calculates the intersection of an infinite plane and a curve, surface, or solid.
- New Curve Surface tool calculates the intersection of a curve and surface or solid.
- New Explode Curve tool takes an edge of a surface or solid and converts it into a independent but associative curve.
- Skinned Surface fits a network of NURB patches to a collection of curves that act as cross-sections for the final surface.
- Cover Surface creates a surface from curves connected end to end.
- Tube Surface quickly and efficiently create a tube or pipe along a reference curve.
- Revolve Surface allows you to revolve a curve about an existing curve.
- Fillet Surface blends two surfaces that share an edge or intersection. This tool does not extend surfaces.
- Draft Surface extends a surface to create a new surface attached to the end of the original surface.
- Net Surface, which is not the same as a mesh, but rather a nurb surface which creates a surface defined by a grid of M rows and N columns, where M and N are letter identifiers referring to the number of rows or columns.
Verify your Designs
A set of sophisticated surface analysis tools will help you maintain design integrity by providing critical information about your designs such as evaluating the smoothness of one or more surfaces, useful for identifying surface irregularities. Then choose from any of four curvature plot styles Gaussian, Mean, Min Radius and Max Radius.
ACIS® Solid Modeling
Utilizing the newly updated ACIS® R22 solid modeling engine, TurboCAD Mac Pro offers the ability to create realistic, complex 3D objects as well as data crucial for engineers. Choose from a variety of 3D primitives (Boxes, Spheres, Cones, Torus, Prisms and Pyramids etc…), and access 3D utilities (Trim, Add, Subtract, Union, Split, Stitch & Thicken), solid feature tools (Blend, 3D Fillet & Chamfer, Shelling, Bend, Hole & Boss), solid face modification tools (Draft, Match, Offset, Remove), and advanced modifiers (Twist, Stretch,).
A partial list of the Solid Modeling tools:
- New 3D Push/Pull tool quickly creates 3D objects from 2D lines or curves by simply dragging to extrude an enclosed shape. This tool can also be used to resize 3D objects by dragging a face.
- New Move Face tool will translate one or more faces by a vector amount, while neighboring faces are extended or re-limited to account for the new position.
- New Lofted Solid tool creates a solid that is tangent between two neighboring solids. The resulting solid automatically joins the two bodies involved into one new body.
- New Lofting with Guides tool which use polylines or curves to set the boundary of a loft.
- Bend Solid bends a solid about an axis through a given radius.
- Trim Solid tool trims a solid with a curve, surface, or solid. The trim tool is usefulfor removing material from a base solid. In addition to trimming to surfaces or another solid, the trim solid tool has the unique ability to allow trimming a solid to a curve.
- Skinned Solids create a solid from a collection of closed profiles. Create skin solids using profiles composed of individual curves (such as circles or ellipses) or grouped curves. A profile composed of individual curves does not have to be grouped for use with this tool.
- Polygon from Curves tool draws a polygon with the number of sides determined by chosen points.
- New Project Curve to Plane tool projects 3D curves into a 2D plane.