2D and 3D capabilities play an important role during the project design process. The end result of a CAD project usually ends with 2D production drawings for purposes of construction.
The ability to create or open a 3D design and rapidly and effectively create those 2D planar drawing sets is of critical importance
TurboCAD Pro excels in its 2D and 3D functionality. Attach PDF files for referencing and underlayment of background drawings. Keep your drawings clean and optimized with the Purge tool to remove unwanted and unused layers, blocks, line styles, and more. The ability to explode viewports makes it easy to create flat 2D vector drawings from any view of the model. The Drafting Palette creates associative views, sections, and detailed views that can be updated in real-time – even from an Xref. These object views can be dimensioned and annotated rapidly. As the 3D design is modified, associated 2D drawing views are also updated thus making change management automatic.
Different visual styles allow for materials, fills, even transparent fills and gradients to be used to add effects and visual clarity. Lines and custom line styles allow for color or width by layer. Polyline segments may have differing starting and ending line widths.
It all begins though with fundamental drawing tools. And in that regard TurboCAD Pro is rich. Included in the program are:
- 14 basic line tools including irregular polygons, perpendicular, parallel, and tangent lines
- 8 double line tools (but there are also self-healing architectural wall tools)
- 8 multiline tools including polyline and polygon tools
- 11 circle tools including 3 methods for drawing ellipses
- 13 arc tools including tangencies, point fitting methods, and 3 elliptical arcs
- 5 point tools from dots to crosses and even stars
- 6 curve tools including Bezier, freehand sketch, and convert to curve
- index color and true color support
- custom brush style editor for combining colors, gradients, hatches, and transparency
TurboCAD also includes drawing aides.
- 9 types of Ray and constructions lines for projecting non-printable construction lines
- 13 basic object snaps with controllable Osnap priority including parametric Divide By segment snaps
- extended ortho and apparent intersection for geometric aids
- a fully parametric grid
- easily parameterized ortho angular system
There are many more tools to aid in the drafting and detailing functions, including ones which allow you to quickly and easily createviews and viewports of any size and shape. There are also extensive paper space and printing capabilities, Marker and Schedule tools, leaders, multi-leaders, dimension tools, and symbol content. See additional information on the next several pages regarding the Drafting Palette, Parametric Constraints, Annotation, and Symbols.