1. SCOPE & APPLICATION
1.1 These conditions apply to all purchases of products (including, without limitation, hardware and/or software) ("products") or services ("services") which are sold through this website ("site") by: (a) Us, IMSI/Design, LLC 64 Digital Drivve, Suite 200, Novato, CA 94949 (references to "us", "we" or "our" being construed accordingly) to (b) you, the purchaser (references to "you" or "your" being construed accordingly).
1.2 By placing an order on this site or the site of our affiliates or payment processing agents, you agree to abide by these conditions. All purchases are final, non-cancelable and non-refundable, except as specified in the applicable returns policy.
2. OFFER, ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
2.1 Any prices, quotations and descriptions made or referred to on this Site are subject to availability, do not constitute an offer and may be withdrawn or revised at any time prior to our express acceptance of your order (as described below).
2.2 While we make every effort to ensure that items appearing on the Site are available, we cannot guarantee that all items are in stock or immediately available when you submit your order. We may reject your order (without liability) if we are unable to process or fulfill it. If this is the case, we will refund any prior payment that you have made for that item.
2.3 An order submitted by you constitutes an offer by you to us to purchase Products or Services on these Conditions and is subject to our subsequent acceptance.
2.4 Prior to such acceptance, an automatic e-mail acknowledgement of your order may be generated. Please note that any such automatic acknowledgement does not constitute a formal acceptance of your order.
2.5 Our acceptance of your order takes effect and the contract concluded at the point where such offer is expressly accepted by us dispatching your order/commencing Services and accepting your credit card or other payment ("Acceptance").
2.6 We may keep records of orders received, acknowledgements, acceptances and other contract records for a reasonable period after Acceptance. We may be able to provide you with copies on written request, however you must may sure you print a copy of all such documents and these Terms for your own records.
3. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS
3.1 You represent that information provided by you when placing your order is up-to-date materially accurate and is sufficient for us to fulfill your order. You also represent that you have legal capacity to enter into a contract on behalf of yourself and/or your company or organization.
3.2 You are responsible for maintaining and promptly updating your account information with us for accuracy and completeness and keeping such information (and any passwords or license keys given to you for the purposes of accessing the Site and/or purchasing Products) secure against unauthorized access.
3.3 Unless agreed otherwise or required by applicable law, any warranties provided in relation to Products or Services only extend to you on the understanding that you are a user and not a reseller of those Products or Services.
3.4 No warranty, commitment or any other obligation should ever be assumed by you on our behalf or on behalf of a Product manufacturer, licensor or supplier without our express prior written consent.
4. PRICE AND TERMS OF PAYMENT
4.1 Prices payable for Products or Services are those in effect at the time of order received, unless otherwise expressly agreed. Prices may be indicated on the Site or an order acknowledgement but the authoritative price in the event of any discrepancy, is the price that is notified to you on our Acceptance.
4.2 Prices (unless stated otherwise) are in the currency quoted on the Site.
4.3 We have the right at any time prior to our Acceptance to withdraw any discount and/or to revise prices to take into account increases in costs including (without limitation) costs of any materials, carriage, labor or the increase or imposition of any tax, duty or other levy and any variation in exchange rates. We also reserve the right to notify you of any mistakes in Product descriptions or errors in pricing prior to product dispatch. In such event if you choose to continue with fulfillment of the order, you acknowledge that the Product or Service will be provided in accordance with such revised description or corrected price.
4.4 The places that we deliver to are listed on the Site (“Territory”). Unless otherwise specified, prices quoted are: - Exclusive of the costs of shipping or carriage to the agreed place of delivery within the Territory (charges for which are stated on the Site); and - Exclusive of VAT and any other tax or duty which (where applicable) must be added to the price payable; You agree to pay for taxes, shipping or carriage of Products as such costs are specified by us on the Site when you submit your purchase order.
4.5 Payment shall be made prior to delivery and by such methods as are indicated on the Site (and not by any other means unless we have given our prior agreement).
4.6 Except as expressly provided elsewhere in these Terms & Conditions, payment may be taken in full notwithstanding any claim for short delivery or defects. Please note that this also applies to possible payment transfer fees, such as bank fees.
4.7 We (or our authorized payment processing agent) will charge credit or debit cards or PayPal on dispatch of the Product or commencement of Services. We reserve the right to verify credit or debit card payments prior to Acceptance.
4.8 We (or our authorized payment processing agent) will collect sales tax as required by our local laws and the laws of the State of California. Any taxes, duties, levies, import taxes or VAT due to your location are solely the responsibility of the Purchaser.
4.9 Where the payment is invoiced, each invoice shall be due on and made in full within thirty (30) days of the date of relevant invoice. If at any time you fail to pay any amount due on the relevant due date, we may by notice declare all invoiced amounts unpaid at that date to be immediately due and payable.
4.10 No counterclaim or set-off may be deducted from any payment due without our written consent. We may also take action against you for the price of Products at any time after payment has become due even though property in those Products may not yet have passed to you.
4.11 Any extension of credit allowed to you may be changed or withdrawn at any time. Interest shall be chargeable on overdue amounts accruing on a daily basis at the maximum amount permitted under applicable law from the due date for payment until our receipt of the full amount (whether before or after judgment). You shall indemnify us on demand against any out of pocket expenses incurred in relation to recovery of any overdue amounts.
5.1 If you commit an act of bankruptcy or enter into a deed of arrangement with creditors or a court order for winding-up is made against you or you take or suffer any similar action in consequence of debt or we have cause to believe that you are unable to pay your debts as they fall due; or you fail to pay any amount by the due date or breach any of these Conditions then, without prejudice to any of our other rights, we may, at our sole discretion:
- 5.1.1 stop any Products in transit; and/or
- 5.1.2 suspend further Product deliveries; and/or
- 5.1.3 stop or suspend provision of Services; and/or
- 5.1.4 by written notice, terminate your order and all or any other contracts between us and you.
6. DELIVERY AND RISK
6.1 Delivery timescales/dates specified on the Site, in any order acknowledgement, acceptance or elsewhere are estimates only. While we endeavor to meet such timescales or dates, we do not undertake to dispatch Products and/or commence Services by a particular date or dates and shall not be liable to you in respect of delays or failure to do so.
6.2 Delivery shall be to a valid address within the Territory submitted by you and subject to Acceptance ("Delivery Address"). You must check the Delivery Address on any acknowledgement or acceptance we provide and notify us without delay of errors or omissions. We reserve the right to charge you for any extra costs arising from changes you make to the Delivery Address after you submit an order.
6.3 If you refuse or fail to take delivery of Products provided in accordance with these Conditions, any risk of loss or damage to the Products shall nonetheless pass and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies we have:
- 6.3.1 We shall be entitled to immediate payment in full for the Products or Services delivered and either to effect delivery by whatever means we consider appropriate or to store Products at your risk;
- 6.3.2 You shall be liable pay on demand all costs of Product storage and any additional costs incurred as a result of such refusal or failure to take delivery;
- 6.3.3 We shall be entitled 30 days after the agreed date for delivery to dispose of Products in such manner as we determine and may set off any proceeds of sale against any sums due from you.
6.4 Except to the extent required as a result of any mandatory rights you have as a consumer under applicable law, you shall not be entitled to reject the Products in whole or in part by reason of short delivery and shall pay in full notwithstanding short delivery or non-delivery unless you notify us in writing of any claim within 7 days of the latest of the date of receipt of the relevant invoice or delivery whereupon you shall pay for the quantity actually delivered.
6.5 Where we deliver Products by installments, each installment constitutes a separate contract and any defect in any one or more installments shall not entitle you to repudiate the contract as a whole nor to cancel any subsequent installment.
6.6 Save as otherwise provided in these Conditions, risk of loss of or damage to the Products passes to you on delivery or when placed in your possession or that of any carrier or transport provided by you, whichever shall occur first.
7 REJECTION, DAMAGE OR LOSS IN TRANSIT
7.1 You are responsible for checking Products upon delivery and verifying that they are in satisfactory condition, in accordance with their description and complete. Should the Product be corrupted during the download process, you may download the Product again to correct the error.
7.2 We shall not be liable for any damage or losses arising from defective installation of the Products; from the use of the Products in connection with other defective, unsuitable or defectively installed equipment; your negligence; improper use or use in any manner inconsistent with the manufacturer's specifications or instructions, except for:
- 7.2.1 Damage to or loss of Products or any part thereof in transit (where the Products are carried by our own transport or by a carrier on our behalf) where notified to us within 5 working days of receipt of the Products;
- 7.2.2 Defects in Products (not being defects caused by any act, neglect or default on your part) notified in writing to us within 30 days of receipt of the Products.
- 7.2.3 Defective performance of Services (not being defects cause by any act, neglect or default on your part) where notified in writing to us within 5 days of such defect becoming apparent.
7.3 Where there is a shortage of failure to deliver, or any defect in or damage to a Product or Service, we may at our option:
- 7.3.1 In the case of Product shortage or non-delivery, make good any such shortage or non-delivery and/or
- 7.3.2 In the case of failure to perform or defective performance of a Service, make good such failure or defective performance; and or
- 7.3.3 In the case of damage or any defect(s) in the Product and in accordance with any applicable Returns Policy:
- 18.104.22.168 Replace or repair the Product upon you returning the Product; or
- 22.214.171.124 Refund the price paid in respect of any Products found to be damaged or defective.
8.1 Where any Product supplied is or includes software ("Software"), this Software is licensed by us or by the relevant licensor/owner subject to the relevant end-user license agreement or other license terms included with Software ("License Terms") and/or the Product. In addition:
- 8.1.1 Such Software may not be copied, adapted, translated, made available, distributed, varied, modified, disassembled, decompiled, reverse engineered or combined with any other software, save to the extent that (i) this is permitted in the License Terms, or (ii) applicable law expressly mandates such a right which cannot legally be excluded by contract.
- 8.1.2 Save to the extent provided for in any applicable License Terms, your rights of return and/or to a refund under these Conditions do not apply in the event that you enter the software activation key and/or open the Software shrink-wrap and/or break the license seal and/or use the Software.
- 8.1.3 Except to the extent expressly provided by us in writing or under relevant License Terms, Software is provided 'as is' without any warranties, terms or conditions as to quality, fitness for purpose, performance or correspondence with description and we do not offer any warranties or guarantees in relation to Software installation, configuration or error/defect correction. You are advised to refer to any License Terms with regards to determining your rights against a manufacturer, licensor or supplier of the Software.
8.2 If you have technical questions about the product, please contact IMSI/Design support via email at the address provided in the Contact Us section of the Website or in the help link of your product. Please note that customer and technical support is provided in English only.
9. LIABILITY LIMITATION
9.1 TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT LEGALLY PERMITTED, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY (WHETHER FOR NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, MISREPRESENTATION (EXCEPT, IF FRAUDULENT) OR OTHERWISE) SHALL IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE COST OF THE DEFECTIVE, DAMAGED OR UNDELIVERED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (DETERMINED BY NET PRICE INVOICED/CHARGED TO YOU) IN RESPECT OF ANY SINGLE OCCURRENCE OR SERIES OF OCCURRENCES. EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE SAME, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
- 9.1.1 SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; OR
- 9.1.2 YOUR INABILITY TO MAKE ORDERS OR LOSS OF INCOME, REVENUE, PROFITS, CONTRACTS, DATA, GOODWILL OR SAVINGS.
9.2 SUBJECT TO ANY EXPRESS PROVISIONS TO THE CONTRARY SET OUT IN THESE CONDITIONS, ALL TERMS, CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE) ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY WHETHER RESULTING FROM DEFECTIVE MATERIAL, FAULTY WORKMANSHIP, OR OTHERWISE HOWSOEVER ARISING AND WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED BY OUR (OR OUR EMPLOYEES' OR AGENTS' NEGLIGENCE) EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INTENTIONAL TORTS OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER 'WRONGS'.
10 THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
0.1 You shall indemnify us against any and all liabilities, claims and costs incurred by or made against us as a direct or indirect result of us performing Services or carrying out any work on or to the Products where this has been done to your (or your representative's) specific requirements or specifications causing an infringement or alleged infringement of any proprietary rights of any third party.
10.2 To the fullest extent permitted by law and save where expressly set out in any License Terms or elsewhere, we shall have no liability to you in the event of the Products or Services infringing or being alleged to infringe the proprietary rights of any third party. In the event that the Products are or may be the subject of patent, copyright, database right, registered design, trade mark or other rights of any third party, you should refer to the relevant terms of the Product manufacturer and/or licensor/owner. We shall be obliged to transfer to you only such right or title as we have.
11.1 All Product specifications, illustrations, drawings, particulars, dimensions, performance data and other information on the Site or made available by us are intended to represent no more than a general illustration of the Products and do not constitute a warranty or representation by us that the Products will conform with the same. You must refer to the manufacturer's specifications or warranty documentation to determine your rights and remedies in this regard.
11.2 You will have the benefit of the manufacturer's, licensor's or supplier's warranty with the Products supplied and should refer to the relevant documentation supplied with the Product in this regard.
11.3 Your rights of repair of replacement of any Products or any part or parts thereof which are found to be defective will (except where agreed otherwise) be negated or rendered void where :
- 11.3.1 Products have been repaired or altered by persons other than the manufacturer, us or any authorized dealer; and/or
- 11.3.2 Defective Product or Products have not been returned together with full details in writing of the alleged defects within 30 days from the date on which such Products were delivered; and/or
- 11.3.3 Defects are due (wholly or partially) to mistreatment, improper use of storage or maintenance or installation, or failure to observe any manufacturers’ instructions or other directions issued or made available by us in connection with the delivered Products.
11.4 EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED OTHERWISE IN THIS SECTION 11, WE MAKE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AND WE DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THESE TERMS STATE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES.
12 CONSENTS, CUSTOMS DUTIES & EXPORT
12.1 If any license or consent of any government or other authority is required for the acquisition, carriage or use of the Products by you, you shall obtain such license or consent at your own expense and if necessary produce evidence to us on demand. Failure so to do shall not entitle you to withhold or delay payment of the price. Any additional expenses or charges incurred by us resulting from such failure shall be met by you.
12.2 Products licensed or sold to you under these Conditions may be subject to export control laws and regulations in the Territory or other relevant jurisdiction where you take delivery or use them. You shall be responsible for complying with those laws and will not do anything to breach them.
13.1 Any notice or other communications in relation to our contract may be given by sending the same by hand delivery, pre-paid post, fax or e-mail to the latest address and contact that one party has notified in writing to the other. This will also be the address for service of legal proceedings in the manner prescribed by law. Except as set out above in relation to cancellation of consumer orders, such notices or communications (where properly addressed) shall be considered received:
- 13.1.1 In relation to hand delivery, on the date of delivery at the relevant address (or, if this is not a working date, the first working date thereafter);
- 13.1.2 If posted, 5 working days after the date of posting;
- 13.1.3 If by fax, on the date of the transmission as evidenced by a successful transmission contact report (or, if this is not a working date, the first working date thereafter).
- 13.1.4 If sent by email, on the earliest of (i) the email being acknowledged by the recipient as received; (ii) receipt by the sender of an automated message indicating successful delivery or the email having been opened; or (iii) the expiry of 168 hours after transmission, provided that the sender has not received notification of unsuccessful transmission.
14 PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY
14.1 We will observe applicable data protection laws and will not use information that does or can be used to personally identify you ("Personal Data") other than as set out in our Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement"). By submitting your Personal Data in relation to your order, you consent to such Personal Data being processed to fulfill your order and in accordance with such Privacy Statement.
14.2 In relation to security of orders that you place with us: Our payment processing agent uses secure-server software encrypts all your Personal Data including credit or debit card number and name and address. This means that the characters that you enter are converted into pieces of code that are then securely transmitted over the Internet.
15.1 You shall not assign, transfer, charge or make over or purport to assign transfer charge to make over your rights under these Terms & Conditions
15.2 We shall not be liable to you nor held in breach of contract for any loss or damage which may be suffered as a direct or indirect result of us being prevented, hindered or delayed in the performance by reason of any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including (but not limited to) any act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, government action, explosion, fire, flood, storm, accident, strike, lock-out, trade dispute or labor disturbance, breakdown of plant or machinery, interruption in the supply of power or materials and in such event we may elect to cancel your order and refund any payments made.
15.3 You acknowledge that these Terms & Conditions supersede and cancel all previous contracts, agreements and working arrangements whether oral or written, express or implied, between us. These Terms & Conditions prevail over any other terms or conditions contained in or referred to elsewhere or implied by trade, custom or course of dealing. Any purported terms or conditions to the contrary are hereby excluded to the fullest extent legally permitted. This exclusion relates in particular to contractual terms and conditions stipulated by you, such as your Terms and Conditions. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, we reserve the right to modify these Terms & Conditions without notice.
15.4 No relaxation, forbearance, delay or indulgence by either you or us in enforcing any of these Terms & Conditions or the granting of time by either party to the other shall prejudice or restrict such rights and powers.
15.5 No waiver of any term or condition of these Terms & Conditions shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by an officer of IMSI/Design, LLC. The waiver of any breach of any Terms & Condition shall not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach or condition.
15.6 If for any reason we determine or a court of competent jurisdiction finds that any provision or portion of these Terms & Conditions to be illegal, unenforceable, or invalid under applicable law in a particular jurisdiction:
- 15.6.1 these Terms & Conditions will not be affected in other jurisdictions to the extent that such determination or finding has no application; and
- 15.6.2 in the relevant jurisdiction, the remainder of these Conditions (to the fullest extent permitted by law) will continue in full force and effect.
16 GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
16.1 The construction validity and performance of these Terms & Conditions shall be governed by California Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction in a state or federal court located in San Francisco, California, and waives any right to object to jurisdiction based on forum non-convenient.
16.2 The language of any dispute resolution procedure or any proceedings will be English.
16.3 The above Conditions 17.1 and 17.2 shall not apply to the extent that applicable law in your country of residence requires application of another law and/or jurisdiction and/or language and this cannot be excluded by contract.