Master the Design Workflow using TurboCAD Deluxe 2018 and TurboPDF v3
The TurboCAD Deluxe 2018 and TurboPDF v3 Bundle is a feature-rich solution perfect for CAD users involved in documenting the design workflow. Whether you are an architect or builder needing to collaborate or create a build status report, or a mechanical engineer or product designer needing to annotate and detail product revisions, the TurboCAD/TurboPDF Deluxe bundle allows you to more efficiently communicate with team members and stakeholders, reduce paper usage, and reduce costs in design review and process.
- Create your CAD drawing in TurboCAD or Import a CAD or graphics file from over 20 popular and industry-standard formats. Imported drawings can be further edited with TurboCAD’s powerful suite of 2D drafting and 3D modeling tools.
- Export your TurboCAD drawing to a PDF – TurboCAD PDF export allows for saving of both Model and Paper Spaces and includes sophisticated font control, geometry optimization, and Layer support.
- Edit and Modify PDF Content –Open your PDF files exported from TurboCAD in TurboPDF and let TurboPDF’s powerful suite of editing tools develop the PDF to meet your documentation needs. Add form fields and add additional content via OCR text recognition.
- Organize your PDF – Multi-page PDFs, especially those with multiple Paper Space pages, can be organized they way you want them in TurboPDF by adding Hyperlinks and Bookmarks, and by being able to add, delete or move pages.
- Collaborate and Share – Use TurboPDF to markup and add notes and comments to your PDF design document for easy workgroup collaboration. New Connected PDF makes it easier than ever to control content across workgroups, coordinate comments, track versions and more!
- Manage document workflow – with Digital signatures (including those from DocuSign) and add stamps, like ‘Reviewed’ or ‘Approved’ .
- Protect your PDF documents with Passwords and Certificates - Control access to your PDF documents – particularly important for IP such as architectural designs and mechanical prototypes.
PDFs are Now Connected
Get control of your content with new Connected PDF. Update PDFs, even after they’ve been sent. Managing documents is easier!
- Prevent prying eyes - Have you sent something to the wrong person? So have we. At best it’s embarrassing; at worst, a calamity. ConnectedPDF empowers you to control who can do what with your documents.
- Keep everyone on the same page - Tired of broadcasting updated versions of your documents to your team? ConnectedPDF allows you to send alerts to team members that a new version of a document is available.
- Coordinate your comments - Struggling to keep up-to-date with reviewer’s edits? ConnectedPDF enables you to watch as your reviewers insert comments or make changes, in real time. Even when they’re miles away.
- Track and find versions - Ever needed to find an earlier revision of a document? ConnectedPDF makes it easy for you to locate and revert back to an older version. And avoid hours of searching and lost productivity.
More about TurboCAD Deluxe 2018
TurboCAD Deluxe 2018 is everything you need to create presentation-ready FloorPlans, models, mechanical designs, illustrations, and more. Design and share your ideas with complete drafting, modeling, and photorealistic rendering at a great price.
- Complete 2D/3D design tools for drafting, modeling, modifying, dimensioning and annotation.
- Easy to learn and use with set up wizards, context-sensitive help, snaps, alignment aids, and handle-based editing.
- Productivity Features like a customizable UI, time saving wizards, a 64-Bit compatible version, XREF support, and more.
- Architectural Tools like a house wizard, self-healing walls, parametric architectural objects, and more.
- Mechanical Tools tailored to engineers like 2D/3D Boolean operations, revolve, extrude, sweeps, and chain polyline.
- Materials, lighting, and photorealistic rendering to create powerful presentations
- Excellent File Sharing with new AutoCAD 2018 (DWG/DXF) and SketchUp (SKP), STL for 3D Printing, & more!
Deluxe New Features
USABILITY AND INTERFACE
New Interface Options: TubroCAD 2018 boasts a new variety of excellent user interfaces including a new RIBBON INTERFACE similar to that found in Microsoft Word and the latest versions of AutoCAD. It also features an updated CADCourse INTERFACE with accelerated keyboard shortcuts for all the commands. Further for traditional users the older CLASSIC INTERFACES type are included so that no matter which interface you prefer you will feel comfortable with the new program. Various types of THEMES are supplied giving you the choice of how you want to interface to appear. At the start of the program a pop-up dialog will appear allowing you to easily choose your preference.
Two, Three, Four or Five Key Keyboard Shortcuts
This brilliant new feature is set to revolutionize the way people use TurboCAD! Similar to the functionality found in other products such as Generic CAD or AutoCAD, the user now has the ability to set up keyboard shortcuts that consist of either two or more keystrokes to quickly invoke any TurboCAD command. These keystrokes are sequential and do not need to be a keyboard combination.
The sequence of keys is initially invoked by pressing and releasing the Control (Ctrl) key and then a set of subsequent keys to invoke the specific command. This effectively allows the user to keep the left hand on the keyboard in the right hand on the mouse massively boosting productivity.
Showing custom keyboard shortcuts in local menu:
After assigning, the shortcuts displayed in the dragger's local menu. In addition to this, all other shortcuts will not disappear from the menu.
Isolate and Hide Objects: This terrific new feature allows you to take a complex drawing and to quickly reduce its complexity by allowing you to select certain entities and to isolate them independent of layers or groups. In this way you can focus on the entities that you’re wishing to edit while avoiding overlapping or otherwise complicated entities. In addition to isolating certain objects you also have the choice of hiding additional objects so that you can focus only on the entities that are important during the editing procedure. When complete you can simply hit the Unhide option and the drawing will return to its previous state.
Search Option for Locating UI Features This excellent new feature allows you to quickly search for particular commands within the customize dialog allowing you to quickly identify either the command itself or its keyboard shortcut. This will greatly enhance productivity as you can easily customize your interface to suit your own needs by dragging the icon onto a familiar toolbar or to create a new customized keyboard shortcut that you will remember. You can type a word in the search field to cycle through the commands and materials. Buttons next to the input field highlight the previous or next suitable item. A search history is stored in a drop-down list allowing you to quickly search for that item again in subsequent. A search combo box is used is in materials, luminance, environment and advance rendering style.
2D DRAFTING AND EDITNG
Snap Between Two Points Snap between two points that once chosen allows you to snap to the middle of two subsequent points, saving the effort of snapping to the center of a two-point construction circle, and then deleting the circle afterwards.
Thick Profile tool Applying thick profile tool with defined width and corners type options to groups of entities of lines/polylines/circles/arcs on plane. It automatically calculates thicken profiles according to width defined for original entities. It results in set of polylines, set of connected polylines (these two options are for TurboCAD versions withour ACIS), region or set of sheet ACIS entities (those two are for Pro version)
Flatten Tool Use the Flatten tool for 3D polylines and 3D splines to make them flat on the work plane. This command zeros out any Z values for the defining points of these entity types allowing them to be used in a 2D environment.
Trim by Entity This interesting new command allows trimming of multiple entities by using a single 2D close profile as the cutting edge. All objects within the defined profile are trimmed and removed. This allows you to avoid having to select multiple objects to trim to just one cutting edge.
Pick Point Hatch Improvement The pick point Hatch tool now has the ability to forgive small errors in design in that if a boundary line is not 100% closed you can specify an error margin distance so that the hatch command will automatically fill in the difference. This “error margin distance” is adjustable in the “Gap” value in the inspector bar and will greatly speed up hatching procedures as 100% accuracy in regard to closed curves or polylines is now optional.
3D DRAWING, MODELING, AND EDITING
Quick Pull for surfaces Use the Quick Pull tool to pull or push a closed 2D area of a 3D object (TC Surface) by extruding.
Improved Coordinate Measure tool to include 3D In earlier versions of TurboCAD, the Measure Coordinates of the Point tool could only measure the X and Y values as it functioned like a 2-D tool fixed on the active workplace. Now, the measure coordinates tool behaves more like a 3D tool in that will show the 3D coordinate of the World coordinate system independent of the active user coordinate system.
New 2D Create option New option for "Create 2D" has been added for 3D polyline, 3D Spline tools. When you switch on this option, and polyline(spline) is flat then a 2D object is created instead of 3D.
Relative Angle Fields for Wall and polyline update While drawing walls or polylines, you can now choose to enter an Angle (which is absolute in relation to the world coordinates) or a Relative Angle which is the angle from the immediately previous segment (arc or line).
"Add Roof by Walls" Tool Improvement Previously, you could create only one roof object. But now there is the possibility to create more than one roof.
RENDERING & VISUALIZATION
Lightworks 9.2 The LightWorks rendering engine is now once again included in TurboCAD and will no longer be an optional plug-in. (Note: RedSDK 4.3 is now offered as a separate plugin). TurboCAD 2018 includes LightWorks 9.2, which includes the following improvements:
Environments Scaled Image (Foreground/Background)
Sky Type: User Defined Sky
Render Styles Enchancements like "Lights only" for Lens flares, ability to minimize/maximize radius of Bounce and Gather, modify the intensity of Final Gather Controller for blurred shades, and Soft Pencil sketching are introduced in Render Styles.
Status Bar Memory Display Update Once the Rendering mode for a selected object is initiated; the TurboCAD status bar now displays the respective memory usage along with the processing time.
FILE SUPPORT / INTEROPERABILITY:
File Sharing with AutoCAD® 2018 : Updated DWG and .DXF file import and export
SKP Import/Export: The SketchUp SDK is updated to support of the latest .SKP file format (2018) for TurboCAD 2018 64-bit.
Audit System A new “Audit” item has been added to the Filters menu of the Selection Info Palette . This Audit System enables you to highlight ‘bad’ objects in Selection Info palette, turn on/off audit conditions and change their parameters, generate audit report for one or more objects, filter ‘bad’ objects in Selection Info palette.
Extents Size Property The Extents Size parameter has been added to the Selection Info Palette properties. Extents Size parameter works with groups, blocks and insertions. You can now use the ‘Extents size’ property to select entity according to size valuation. Select objects that you think are big or small, or an object in any range you want. The Extents Size update provides you with additional flexibility so that you can use this parameter for various needs and for analyzing possibly corrupted “wrong” entities.
Image Manager Improvement You can now select Multiple files from Open Dialog box when importing pictures in the Image Manager palette.
New Zoom Diagnostic Message A new message has been added. It appears when the user tries to zoom in or zoom out beyond the maximum zoom factor or limit.
OK and Cancel Buttons Added to Insert Fraction Dialog Box Improved usability by the addition of OK and Cancel buttons in the dialog box of the Insert Fraction in the Text Editor palette.
Select by Entity Type Update Now Circle/Ellipse item of previous TC versions is separated into two cases: Circle and Ellipse. The same is for Circular and Elliptical arcs. Previous versions could not select Circles or Arcs separately.
TurboPDFv3 New Features
TurboPDF v3 is a major version which focuses on “connected PDF”. It also has added a series of new capabilities, such as Action Wizard, Chrome and IE plugin in browser, drop box integration, and has also enhanced the user experience for the existing features, as well as some bug fixes.
- Accessibility Features - Evaluates the accessibility of PDFs and fixes accessibility issues in PDFs to make it easier for users with disabilities to use PDFs, with or without screen readers or other assistive software/hardware.
Provides powerful tools and panels to tag PDFs, set alternate text, touch up reading order, and more to make PDFs accessible.
Supports accessible reading and navigation by setting accessibility preferences that control the document display and reading order, using keyboard shortcuts, and reading PDFs in reflow view.
Exports PDF to accessible text that can be converted to a form that vision-impaired users can use.
- PDF 2.0 Support - Allows users to view PDF documents that are compliant with parts of PDF 2.0 reference to keep up with the ISO development process.
- Integration with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) - Provides interfaces to allow users to use VBA scripts to have TurboPDF work with Microsoft Office, including PDF conversion from Excel, PDF form filling, OCR, and more.
- Reflow editing mode- Offers reflow editing mode for users to edit document content in a continuous mode, like in a word processor.
- Search and replace- Allows users to find and replace text in a PDF document, a useful time-saving feature for document workers.
- Layer editing- Supports the ability to import, merge, flatten, reorder, and delete layers in PDF documents. (Business Edition)
Supports the ability to reorder and delete layers in PDF documents. (Standard Edition).
- Microsoft Windows Information Protection (WIP) Support - Enables users to add protection to PDFs with WIP system that helps to protect against accidental data leak on enterprise-owned devices and personal devices.
- FIPS Compliance - Provides a FIPS mode to make data protection compliant with Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS).
- Find Command - Finds a command by typing the command name and bring features to your fingertips with ease.
- Adds the “Destination” panel to allow users to create and manage named destinations in a PDF which can be used to link to from different positions in a PDF.
- Allows users to select an area in PDF and export it to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, and Rich Text formats.
- Adds an approved trusted list of digital certificates for convenient signature validation.
- Enables users to edit PDF with Type 3 font text with the Edit Text and the Edit Object tools.
- Protects PDF files using the Microsoft PDF V2 IRM Specification.
- Supports importing form data from a .csv file.
- Supports exporting digital IDs to .fdf files.
Enhancements in TurboPDF v3
- Improved installation and activation- Allows users to disable the PDF creator plugin in IE/Chrome/Firefox during installation, and activate TurboPDF with activation code via command line.
- Advanced search
Highlights all the text search results in PDF file.
Searches for instances that match any of the keywords.
- PDF portfolio enhancements
Enables users to export all files in a PDF portfolio when combining files into a single PDF file.
Protect PDF portfolios with passwords and certificates.
- PDF creation enhancements
Allows users to add Excel sheet names or PowerPoint slide titles as PDF bookmarks in the created PDF.
Enables users to order files by bates numbering when combining multiple PDFs into a single PDF file.
- Adds more options to control more features through GPO templates, including the features of OpenText, NetDocuments, and iManage plugins.
- Creates a PDF form from an existing file directly without “Run Form Field Recognition”, streamlining PDF form creation from existing files.
- Adds options in the context menu to open the directory of the current PDF file and to copy the file path to the clipboard.
- Provides an option to trust all root certificates in Windows Certificate Store to streamline signature validating.
- Allows users to choose a page as a stamp when creating a custom stamp from a PDF with multiple pages.
- Enhances RMS protection to make the RMS-protected files compliant with PDF 2.0.
- Adds an option to send all open tabs as attachments by email when sharing PDFs.
- Enables users to edit existing MST files with Customization Tool.
- Supports text formatting in the popup box for note comments.
- Exports highlighted text as a TXT file.
- Exports tracker details to a PDF during shared review.
Additional Features and Enhancements
- Integrates with OpenText eDOCS
Integration with OpenText eDOCS allows users to open/check out PDF files from and save/check them into an OpenText eDOCS instance directly from TurboPDF.
- Enhanced comment management
Users can filter comments by the author and status, and check the total number of comments that are displayed in the Comment panel.
- Simplified workflow for iManage integration
Faster access to PDFs in iManage, such as providing an option to automatically connect to the previously-added server when TurboPDF is launched, simplifying the entire workflow.
- More convenient and efficient Connected Review
Redesigns the Connected Review workflow, aiming at improving user experience in document reviews.
- More intuitive ConnectedPDF protection
Provides an improved DRM protection workflow for better permission control and user experience.
- Some other user-friendly enhancements.
- Archive webpages and websites into PDF files within TurboPDF
Convert a web page to PDF from File > Create > From Web Page, along with custom settings to choose conversion levels, keep links clickable, and more.
- Organize Connected Review comments for efficient collaboration
During a Connected Review, a list of all comment activities on the PDF document can be viewed at a glance and filtered (eg. by user) from a comment dashboard.
- Provide options to convert files (including existing PDFs) to linearized PDF files that can be opened and viewed even before the whole file is downloaded.
- Web browser PDF conversion plugin improvements
The improved PDF conversion plugins to IE, Firefox and Chrome provide more advanced options to convert webpages to PDF, including settings for login, timeout, hyperlinks, and more.
- Users can specify page ranges of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files or choose sheets in Excel to convert when combining multiple files into a PDF.
- Provide preview capability in TurboPDF to non-PDF files on ECM and other file storages
TurboPDF now enables users to open non-PDF files in SharePoint/NetDocuments/iManage WorkSite and network drives (Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, and Dropbox), by converting them to PDF.
- Enhanced the NetDocuments plugin to have ndOffice integration, enables users to open and work on PDFs in NetDocuments within TurboPDF.
- All published comments can be synchronized on both desktop and mobile devices during Connected Review, letting you never miss an important message.
- Convert and combine .xps/ .dwg/ .dxf files to PDF directly via the right-click menu or within TurboPDF.
- Enable users to edit properties of PDF portfolios.
- Split PDF by blank pages.
TurboCAD Deluxe 2018 System Requirements:
TurboCAD Deluxe is delivered in a 64-bit version to take full advantage of your hardware’s available computer memory to load, process, and render CAD files. A 32-bit version is also available if required by your hardware.
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8* , Windows 7 - 8 GB RAM.
*TurboCAD® is designed for desktops or laptops that meet the indicated system requirements. Windows RT technology used on some tablets is not supported.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO SUBSCRIPTION CUSTOMERS - Subscriptions require an active internet connection in order to maintain the subscription license.
Your experience with TurboCAD Deluxe 2018 will be greatly enhanced with a newer generation, higher speed CPU, 8+ GB RAM.
TurboPDF v3 System Requirements:
- Windows 10, Windows 8 (Full Version), or Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Microsoft Office® 2007 or later version (required for some PDF creation features)
- Verified as Citrix Ready® with Citrix XenApp® 6
Recommended Hardware for Better Performance
- 1.3 GHz or faster processor
- 512 MB RAM (Recommended: 1 GB RAM or greater)
- 2 GB of available hard drive space
- 1024*768 screen resolution