TurboPDFv3 New Features
TurboPDF v3 is a major version which focuses on “connected PDF”. It also has added a series of new capabilities, such as Action Wizard, Chrome and IE plugin in browser, drop box integration, and has also enhanced the user experience for the existing features, as well as some bug fixes.
- Accessibility Features - Evaluates the accessibility of PDFs and fixes accessibility issues in PDFs to make it easier for users with disabilities to use PDFs, with or without screen readers or other assistive software/hardware.
Provides powerful tools and panels to tag PDFs, set alternate text, touch up reading order, and more to make PDFs accessible.
Supports accessible reading and navigation by setting accessibility preferences that control the document display and reading order, using keyboard shortcuts, and reading PDFs in reflow view.
Exports PDF to accessible text that can be converted to a form that vision-impaired users can use.
- PDF 2.0 Support - Allows users to view PDF documents that are compliant with parts of PDF 2.0 reference to keep up with the ISO development process.
- Integration with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) - Provides interfaces to allow users to use VBA scripts to have TurboPDF work with Microsoft Office, including PDF conversion from Excel, PDF form filling, OCR, and more.
- Reflow editing mode- Offers reflow editing mode for users to edit document content in a continuous mode, like in a word processor.
- Search and replace- Allows users to find and replace text in a PDF document, a useful time-saving feature for document workers.
- Layer editing- Supports the ability to import, merge, flatten, reorder, and delete layers in PDF documents. (Business Edition)
Supports the ability to reorder and delete layers in PDF documents. (Standard Edition).
- Microsoft Windows Information Protection (WIP) Support - Enables users to add protection to PDFs with WIP system that helps to protect against accidental data leak on enterprise-owned devices and personal devices.
- FIPS Compliance - Provides a FIPS mode to make data protection compliant with Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS).
- Find Command - Finds a command by typing the command name and bring features to your fingertips with ease.
- Adds the “Destination” panel to allow users to create and manage named destinations in a PDF which can be used to link to from different positions in a PDF.
- Allows users to select an area in PDF and export it to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, and Rich Text formats.
- Adds an approved trusted list of digital certificates for convenient signature validation.
- Enables users to edit PDF with Type 3 font text with the Edit Text and the Edit Object tools.
- Protects PDF files using the Microsoft PDF V2 IRM Specification.
- Supports importing form data from a .csv file.
- Supports exporting digital IDs to .fdf files.
Enhancements in TurboPDF v3
- Improved installation and activation- Allows users to disable the PDF creator plugin in IE/Chrome/Firefox during installation, and activate TurboPDF with activation code via command line.
- Advanced search
Highlights all the text search results in PDF file.
Searches for instances that match any of the keywords.
- PDF portfolio enhancements
Enables users to export all files in a PDF portfolio when combining files into a single PDF file.
Protect PDF portfolios with passwords and certificates.
- PDF creation enhancements
Allows users to add Excel sheet names or PowerPoint slide titles as PDF bookmarks in the created PDF.
Enables users to order files by bates numbering when combining multiple PDFs into a single PDF file.
- Adds more options to control more features through GPO templates, including the features of OpenText, NetDocuments, and iManage plugins.
- Creates a PDF form from an existing file directly without “Run Form Field Recognition”, streamlining PDF form creation from existing files.
- Adds options in the context menu to open the directory of the current PDF file and to copy the file path to the clipboard.
- Provides an option to trust all root certificates in Windows Certificate Store to streamline signature validating.
- Allows users to choose a page as a stamp when creating a custom stamp from a PDF with multiple pages.
- Enhances RMS protection to make the RMS-protected files compliant with PDF 2.0.
- Adds an option to send all open tabs as attachments by email when sharing PDFs.
- Enables users to edit existing MST files with Customization Tool.
- Supports text formatting in the popup box for note comments.
- Exports highlighted text as a TXT file.
- Exports tracker details to a PDF during shared review.
Additional Features and Enhancements
- Integrates with OpenText eDOCS
Integration with OpenText eDOCS allows users to open/check out PDF files from and save/check them into an OpenText eDOCS instance directly from TurboPDF.
- Enhanced comment management
Users can filter comments by the author and status, and check the total number of comments that are displayed in the Comment panel.
- Simplified workflow for iManage integration
Faster access to PDFs in iManage, such as providing an option to automatically connect to the previously-added server when TurboPDF is launched, simplifying the entire workflow.
- More convenient and efficient Connected Review
Redesigns the Connected Review workflow, aiming at improving user experience in document reviews.
- More intuitive ConnectedPDF protection
Provides an improved DRM protection workflow for better permission control and user experience.
- Some other user-friendly enhancements.
- Archive webpages and websites into PDF files within TurboPDF
Convert a web page to PDF from File > Create > From Web Page, along with custom settings to choose conversion levels, keep links clickable, and more.
- Organize Connected Review comments for efficient collaboration
During a Connected Review, a list of all comment activities on the PDF document can be viewed at a glance and filtered (eg. by user) from a comment dashboard.
- Provide options to convert files (including existing PDFs) to linearized PDF files that can be opened and viewed even before the whole file is downloaded.
- Web browser PDF conversion plugin improvements
The improved PDF conversion plugins to IE, Firefox and Chrome provide more advanced options to convert webpages to PDF, including settings for login, timeout, hyperlinks, and more.
- Users can specify page ranges of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files or choose sheets in Excel to convert when combining multiple files into a PDF.
- Provide preview capability in TurboPDF to non-PDF files on ECM and other file storages
TurboPDF now enables users to open non-PDF files in SharePoint/NetDocuments/iManage WorkSite and network drives (Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, and Dropbox), by converting them to PDF.
- Enhanced the NetDocuments plugin to have ndOffice integration, enables users to open and work on PDFs in NetDocuments within TurboPDF.
- All published comments can be synchronized on both desktop and mobile devices during Connected Review, letting you never miss an important message.
- Convert and combine .xps/ .dwg/ .dxf files to PDF directly via the right-click menu or within TurboPDF.
- Enable users to edit properties of PDF portfolios.
- Split PDF by blank pages.
TurboCAD Deluxe 2019 System Requirements:
TurboCAD Deluxe is delivered in a 64-bit version to take full advantage of your hardware’s available computer memory to load, process, and render CAD files. A 32-bit version is also available if required by your hardware.
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8* , Windows 7 - 8 GB RAM.
*TurboCAD® is designed for desktops or laptops that meet the indicated system requirements. Windows RT technology used on some tablets is not supported.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO SUBSCRIPTION CUSTOMERS - Subscriptions require an active internet connection in order to maintain the subscription license.
Your experience with TurboCAD Deluxe 2019 will be greatly enhanced with a newer generation, higher speed CPU, 8+ GB RAM.
TurboPDF v3 System Requirements:
- Windows 10, Windows 8 (Full Version), or Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Microsoft Office® 2007 or later version (required for some PDF creation features)
- Verified as Citrix Ready® with Citrix XenApp® 6
Recommended Hardware for Better Performance
- 1.3 GHz or faster processor
- 512 MB RAM (Recommended: 1 GB RAM or greater)
- 2 GB of available hard drive space
- 1024*768 screen resolution